The Circle of Serbian Sisters
The solemn assembly of the Circle of Serbian Sisters (one of the oldest Serbian public and religious organisations) took place in the House of Army in Nis on December 14th. The society was created in Belgrade in 1903. Nis department was opened in 1905. More than a century this organisation is doing good deeds, even though difficult years that Serbian nation has passed.
Fascists arrested the Circle leader D. Ivanovic in 1942. The organisation was accused in bourgeois orientation by state authorities. But the community survived. Special attention paid to the Serbian-Russian friendship, keeping memory about Russian soldiers who died in battles on Serbian territory – general Raevski, Russian fighters whose names are engraved on a memorial plate in the Russian Holy Trinity Church in Belgrade.
It was honour for RSHC representatives (Ivan Sulaev, Pavel Terehov and Nikita Potapov) to participate at celebration, dedicated to the community anniversary. Representatives of city administration, Ministry of Army, social and religious organisations were also invited to the solemn assembly. Concert of folk music was the final part of the event.